Here are our terms and conditions for entering the talent show. Before you submit your photo, audio/video, and/or write-up for entry please read these terms and conditions carefully as they govern the relationship between you and us and how the showcase will be conducted. By submitting & registering on the talent showcase sign-up page and submitting a photo or audio/video entry to the Showcase (‘Entry’) you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions. Please ensure that all people involved with your entry have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions. If all the people involved with your entry do not agree to the Terms and Conditions you must not enter and submit a photo or audio/video to the showcase. You acknowledge and agree that the Organizers/and or Sponsor(s) reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without liability to you. You also acknowledge that monetary compensation is not a requirement towards participation in this or any other event or contest. Any decisions made by the Organizers/Sponsor(s) with regard to the Showcase shall be final. The Organizer/Sponsor(s) may in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Showcase whom it believes the entrants intent is to abuse the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information.
1. Submissions must be your own original material, video/photos
2. Audio/videos made prior to July 1st, 2020 will be disqualified
3. All submissions must be submitted digitally via our website, on Youtube or via We Transfer
4. Audio/video (youtube) cannot exceed 4 minutes
4. Open to entrants who are aged 18 or older and live within the U.S. and abroad
5. Artists who are under an exclusive contract with any legal entity are ineligible
6. Entries can still be submitted
7. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the contest
How to Enter:
1. Submit your entry on the HMC On-Air Virtual Talent Showcase Page
2. Enter a brief bio/performance info in the description area
3. If you have any issues you can email your info and location and indicate which event/contest to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Start submitting audio/videos on August 1st, 2020 and submissions end on September 5th, 2020.
6. Audio/videos and submissions will not be returned
7. Disclaimer: When you submit an audio/video to House Music Community (HMC) as an entry, you grant HMC a
limited license to use your work. You always own the copyright to your work. HMC never owns the
copyright of your work.
8. The Showcase is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
(a) The audio/video must be entrant’s own original work, created solely by entrant; must not have been previously published (prior to July 1st, 2020), released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
(b) Except as set forth on the Showcase Site, the submission audio/video must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
(c) If any persons appear or are referred to in the audio/video, entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting entrant’s audio/video, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the audio/video by Sponsor and Promoter. If any person appearing in any audio/video is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release (if applicable).
(d) Any audio/video that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or any audio/video that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Promoter’s sole and unfettered discretion.
(e) The audio/video must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. Should entrant include personally identifiable information about entrant in the audio/video, entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
(f) Entrant may not be (nor may entrant work with parties in conjunction with the audio/video who are):
1) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair the Promoter and/or Sponsor’s ability to display entrant’s audio/video in any media form;
2) subject to an acting or modeling contract that would make entrant’s/their appearance in the audio/video a violation of any third-party rights; or
3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to the guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent the Promoter and/or Sponsor from being able to use the audio/video worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any
payment or fee obligations.